Friday 30 March 2012

The Hunger Games Cinema Trip


The Hunger Games Cinema Trip
Year 8 were blown away with the film version of The Hunger Games. We had a great evening at the cinema. Armed with nachos, sweets, popcorn and chocolate, we settled in to view the much hyped blockbuster. For me, the film lived up to a lot of expectations, but as you will have guessed, I still prefer the books! The Capitol was a visual pleasure - the colours popped and the costumes were fantastic. Cinna was exactly as I imagined and I loved the part when Katniss shot the apple! I missed the undercurrent of fear that is present in the District in the novels, but overall, one of the best films I have seen this year. After Easter I will ask you all for your comments - I'm sure you will have plenty! I, for one, will be spending the break reading the trilogy over again on my new Kindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment